Saturday, October 10, 2015

Finally! That's What She Said...

It's been like ridiculously hot through this entire rehearsal process. I mean like Africa hot, you could fry an egg on the sidewalk hot. The cast is just dripping with sweat most nights - except for the Heathers. I don't think the Heathers sweat (wink, wink).

Anyway, despite the heat, we've made tremendous progress. Act One is shaping up and we'll be putting the entire show together by the end of next week. It's really exciting!

I'm one of the older cast members (aka Ms. Fleming/Veronica's Mom) so I tend to think I should show a little maturity, set an example, but, sometimes, the teenager in me takes over and ANYTHING anyone says during rehearsal turns into a "that's what she said" moment. Is that still a thing? "That's what she said"?

Anyway - here's eight solid, word for word, examples of "that's what she said" moments, overhead during our rehearsal process:

1. Can I get more slut?

2. Can I get more ladies on it?

3. She likes to pound it out first and then work through it.

4. More hips, less distance.

5. Let's keep going and then when we get to the bathroom, we'll work the bathroom.

6. Should we just go from shit?

7. The other holy shits were so good.

8. Oh it's so big!

FINALLY! FINALLY! Last night, in response to good old number eight, I heard someone (no names) mutter, "That's what she said." I couldn't stop smiling in response! Ah! There! We've finally bonded! We're all on the same page! Our cast chemistry is finally flowing in the same direction!

Three weeks. We open in three weeks. (That's what she said.)

No comments:

Post a Comment